Monday 26 March 2012

Sharing My VBAC Experience

Re-living and sharing my VBAC experience never gets old for me.  I could recount it a hundred times and so many details will be the same, but there will always be something new to add to it.  Almost 2 years later and I'm still sharing it with anyone who asks.

The leader of our local ICAN chapter has asked if anyone would like to share their VBAC stories with her to include in a binder that she is putting together to keep at the midwives clinic here.  I of course was happy to send my story to her. 

I think one of the most important things for a woman planning a VBAC is to be able to hear from other women who have planned VBACs, even if they didn't turn out the way they had originally hoped.  Because it is one thing to read all the research and facts, but it is quite another to read about how it all happened for someone in real life.  Somehow the stories of other women seem much more powerful than all the medical research in the world.

I hope she will be able to include my story in her collection for other women to read, because I think it is a really positive one and hopefully will give others hope that they too can achieve their VBAC dreams. 

More pregnancy updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment