Thursday 22 December 2011

A New Book

I know it seems like I have totally abandoned this blog, and sometimes it does feel that way too, though it always comes back to mind.  Life has kept me occupied elsewhere, but I haven't completely given up, at least not yet!

I picked up another book to read, and this time it is not one that I have already read BUT it is one that I am wondering, why haven't I read?  Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth has to be one of the most recommended books on birth that I have heard other women talk about.  Today I picked it up from the local midwives' lending library and dove right in.  At the rate that I read it will still probably take me ages to read it, but I am already intrigued.  I'm looking forward to reading more from Ina May, who is probably one of the most well respected authorities on birth in North America, if not the world.

That is where I'm at.  Still in contact with my local ICAN chapter, and getting to know the midwives here as well.  So while my doula hopes may (or may not, still not sure) be on hiatus, I'm still keeping up with it in some way or another.

More pregnancy and birth news to come, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment